Thursday, January 8, 2009

Plugging In

Things are starting feel like we are fitting in at our new home. Part of that comes from plugging into our church home. Our Sunday School director is allowing me to get involved in leadership and I may be teaching sometime in the near future. We divide up into 3 small groups for most lessons so we can get to know people better. I went to the teachers meeting last night and will start going weekly. Trish and I are now going to head up the prayer ministry for the department. I know I'm weird for wanting to go to a meeting but it helps me get to know the solid core of the church and develop relationships with strong Christians. Our young adult class is exciting and our director has a great vision for making it even stronger. The men from the class are having a fellowship, devotion and then watching the national championship game tonight. I'll be rooting for Florida because I do respect Tim Tebow a lot.

Got Spurgeon?: "He has wine which no vineyard on earth ever yielded; he has bread which all the corn-fields of Egypt could never bring forth. Where can such sweetness be found as we have tasted in communion with our Beloved? In our esteem, the joys of earth are little better than husks for swine compared with Jesus, the heavenly manna. We would rather have one mouthful of Christ's love, and a sip of his fellowship, than a whole world full of carnal delights...What is time's mirth, in its best trim, compared to our Lord Jesus in His most despised estate?"

1 comment:

  1. Got Spurgeon: Today makes you stop and think what would I do, what would I think if Jesus wasn't apart of my everyday....Very sad for those who don't believe! I can't imagine a life without Him, nor would I want to. Have a great day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete