Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Basketball Game


This is a picture of First Baptist Church - Dickson, TN. They host an Above the Rim basketball league. I got suckered, I mean I have the privaledge of coaching Jedidiah's team. We had our first game this morning. Since I didn't really play basketball as a kid and the other team was coached by one of the organizers I went in with the realization that my team would get slaughtered. For five and six year olds they don't keep score but let's get real here, I kept track of baskets in the back of my head. I was pleasantly surprised to see my first string dominate the first half. The second string did well but did not score. It was a lot of fun and it is nice to live close enough that family came to see Jedidiah play. Afterwards we went to West Nashville shopping and ate lunch at Red Robbin. By the way the unofficial score of the game was 12-8 in favor of my orange and blue!

1 comment: