Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Storm

I woke up to a little ice on my car this morning but the roads were fine. We got mostly rain in the Nashville area. From what I'm seeing on Facebook it sounds like Fort Smith got a lot worse. I was shocked when Trish told me schools closed in Dickson. That means she wont get much done around the house today so I'll have to take Jedi to the library if its open so she can do some taxes and make me some money.
It looks like we got some decent renters in our house and they have moved in a few days early and have paid rent and had the utilities switched over. I'm a very happy man right now. Financial worries can put a lot of stress in your life. There's not a whole lot new here right now. I have a lot to do for my classes. Sunday we are having a Super Bowl party at church and next Wednesday I start teaching my new class at church. Hope everyone is doing well where you are.

Got Spurgeon?: "It is very usual for God's people, when they have enjoyed a great deliverance, to find a little trouble too much for them. Samson slays a thousand Philistines, and piles them up in heaps, and then faints for a little water! Jacob wrestles with God at Peniel, and overcomes Omnipotence itself, and then goes 'halting on his thigh!' Strange that there must be a shrinking of the sinew whenever we win the day. As if the Lord must teach us our littleness, our nothingness, in order to keep us within bounds."

No comments:

Post a Comment