Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Work

Well, Christmas break is over and it's back to work. Yesterday and today I had to be on campus but no required meetings were scheduled so this frees me to work on class preparation. In Service meetings start tomorrow and classes start January 15. I am supposed to teach a food and nutrition class at our Dickson campus if the class makes. I could use the extra money and I like to study than anyway so it would be a lot of fun. I met my goal last year of finishing Charles Spurgeon's "Morning by Morning" devotional and have started his "Evening by Evening" devotional for 2009. I now understand why he was called the "great orator". I think I will include some of his statements that I have highlighted in my blog. You've seen the "got milk?" commercials so I'll do a "Got Spurgeon?" section.

Got Spurgeon?: "As it is necessary to repair the waste of the body by the frequent meal, so we must repair the waste of the soul by feeding upon the Book of God, or by listening to the preached Word, or by the soul-fattening table of the ordinances. How depressed are our graces when means are neglected! What poor starvelings some saints are who live without the diligent use of the Word of God and secret prayer!"

3 comments:

  1. Good post! I like the Got Spurgeon section. Glad you met your goal. Makes me think I need to have some goals..haha..Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he have a "Mid-day by mid-day" book? That seems to be the only time of day I can get anything done. Actually, on a serious note, how long are his daily devotionals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    His devotionals are less than one page each day but he does not give you February 29 off. Thanks for checking my blog.

    ReplyDelete