Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Teaching Blog



I am very excited to be teaching my first class at my new church. This spring I will be teaching a 12 week study on What Baptists Believe. I will teach the first lesson on Wed Feb 4th. First Baptist Dickson is pushing to improve discipleship and teach the core beliefs in a new curriculum. We have a new educational minister that is very passionate about achieving this task. I plan on recording the lessons to make Cd's and I have started a teaching blog where I can post outlines and written material for people that miss a class or would like to follow along from a distance. If you are not currently involved in a Bible Study I hope you will choose this one and let me know if you would like a CD of the discussions. Following is the web address for my teaching blog and the first lesson is up and ready to go. God Bless and hope to hear from you soon.

http://geocities.com/roger.lightner/

Got Spurgeon?: "When tempted to sin, reply, 'I cannot do this great wickedness, for I am Christ's.' Immortal principles forbid the friend of Christ to sin. When wealth is before you to be won by sin, say that you are Christ's, and touch it not. Are you exposed to difficulties and dangers? Stand fast in the evil day, remembering that you are Christ's. Are you placed where others are sitting down idly, doing nothing? Rise to the work with all your powers; and when the sweat stands upon your brow, and you are tempted to loiter, cry, 'No, I cannot stop, for I am Christ's...' "

No comments:

Post a Comment