Monday, May 4, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers

April sure was a rainy month and now that May is here it still hasn't stopped. The flowers were prettier in April than they are now so someone messed up the famous saying. It seems like Jedidiah has had pictures taken for almost everything lately so I will be sharing some of those. Here is one of his school spring pictures.


Saturday Trish, Jedi and I went into Nashville to meet my friend Jan. Jan and I went to Westwood High School together in Mesa, AZ and she was in my youth group at Valley Southern Baptist Church. She is now a minister to international students at Arizona State University (ASU Sundevils). Who says you can't be a Christian and a devil at the same time? :) Jan was there for a collegiate ministries conference. We went to Jack's barbeque in downtown Nashville for lunch. They have flying pigs on their sign. While eating and visiting with Jan I realized that a small group from Arizona had travelled together and I asked her who else came? She said a couple of folks from NAU in Flagstaff had come. NAU is my alma mater so I asked her if Marc Hill was there and she said yes. We saw some Arizona folks at the very restruant we were at so after eating we strolled upstairs and sure enough there was old Marc Hill. He was my Baptist Student Union director so I got to hug his neck too. Marc taught me lots of bad habits, most of them came from an old movie with Rick Miranus in it and they used a lot of Canadian slang such as "beauty eh?", "hoser" and "horking". Marc is truely the greatest hoser in all the world. It was a great visit and now I wish I could take another trip back to Arizona for a visit.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you got to see Marc again and Jan,too. How is it that you get to have such an interesting life and mine is so boring? I am proud that you have had so many great experiences. Nothing better than Christian friends. Forever friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. Love the picture of Jedidiah!

    ReplyDelete