Monday, April 13, 2009

Upcoming Move

Well, I've been dieing to blog about our move but had to notify some people first. I hate for friends to find out through the grapevine. Trish, Jedidiah and I are moving to Walden Creek apartments in Spring Hill, TN. There are numerous factors at play here but the short story is the Dickson County just wasn't meeting our housing needs, which are complicated to say the least. For just a few more dollars a month than we are paying for a tiny one bedroom in Dickson we will be getting a very nice two bedroom place. The facilities are realy nice. I found this picture of the pool area on the Internet. Jedidiah will spend a lot of time here. There is a fenced in play ground, sand volleyball court and walking trail right beside the pool. In the office building in the background there is a fitness center, billiards room and party room that can be rented. They even have optional garages, which we think we will get one to help with some storage needs. The schools in this area are supposed to be some of the best in the whole state and that is exciting to us because Jedidiah starts kindergarten in the fall.


I have mixed emotions about this move. I am very excited to get out of the sardine can and get into a much nicer place with not much more expense, once the deposits are paid that is. The surrounding area has a lot to offer and since it is a growing area, most things are brand new there. Trish likes the Target shopping mall and new Kroger down the road. The sad part of the move is that it will put us too far to commute to our current church. I have developed some great friendships and even started teaching some. I'm sure we can find another great church but there's that feeling of having to start from scratch again. Well, life's an adventure. Our move date is the week of May 10. Take care and I'll write more soon.

3 comments:

  1. Adventure...I'd say. For 27 years I lived in the same house, in the same town, with all the same friends. Since we have married 10 years ago this will be our 3rd move. I love ya Rog, but I am ready to settle down...haha I have a feeling wherever we move after this will be permanent. As in I am not moving again..never say never right? BTW where are you taking me for our 10 year anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote since we don't have any money we just get rid of Jedidiah for the day and take a nap in our new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for you family and finding just the right place. Just know that you guys will be missed and visits to Dickson will have to be a must:)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete