Monday, June 1, 2009

Thompson Station Church

We have heard a lot of good things about Thompson Station Church so that was our first obvious place to visit with our move to the Spring Hill area. The senior pastor is the son of a former pastor at our church in Dickson and he is still attending their and teaches once in a while. The music minister also used to serve at First Baptists Dickson. The education minister used to be the youth pastor at Grand Avenue Baptist in Fort Smith. One of my colleagues goes to church there as well. We visited her Sunday school class two weeks ago. The church has two services and three Sunday School hours to choose from. The 8:00am class was a little early for my family and they are rushed to finish the lesson and get to church. This week we went to 9:15 church and then visited a 10:45 class. This class was large and friendly. The girls invited Trish and Jedidiah on a zoo trip this Wednesday. The men have a study on Wednesday nights that they invited me to. The men at this church are real men; they like to kill and eat things so I think I will fit in pretty well. The class was active with good discussion with almost everyone participating. The service is very contemporary, rockin' and downright loud. We like it. One of the members of Avalon sang this week. She is going solo now. If my eyes didn't deceive me I think the senior pastor actually moon walked. He is hilarious. We hope and pray this is where God wants us and look forward to making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment