Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Break from the Heat

Well, we had a busy weekend. Friday I went with a friend to see the new Transformer movie and got home about 1:30am. I really liked the first one but the second one had too much stupid little humor in it. I will say the special effects of the decepticons tearing down the Great Pyramid was pretty cool.


Saturday Trish was on her way home from Florida and they hit stop and go traffic. I drove down to meet her in Decatur, AL and they were so late I had to kill about 2.5 hours. Luckily, they have a wildlife refuge that I drove around on to take up my time. We got home about 9pm and Trish and Jedi were asleep in about 5 minutes.


Sunday morning I drove a golf cart shuttle at church. Our class covers this on the 4th Sunday of the month. It was hot and humid but I had fun and got to meet some new people. We are probably going to join the church this coming Sunday because I will actually start teaching the Sunday after that. I am going to teach the "Case for Christ" book to one of the 8:00am classes.


Monday was not as hot as it has been. The humidity was way down and it only got into the mid 80s. I took Trish to some of the places I checked out while she was in Florida. We started at Winstead Hill. This is a great little park with monuments to the Civil War Battle of Franklin. They have a great walking trail that is about 1 mile long through a forest and meadow that we walked. I then drove by the Carter House and Carnton Plantation that I toured to show Trish where they are. We made our way out to the Factory. This is an old stove works factory that has been converted to a shopping mall. As I suspected, Trish really liked it and Jedi said he wanted to live there. The pictures here are of Jedi on a giant rocker at the Factory and sitting on the bench with manachin. I told Jedi the second picture is of "two dummies sitting on a bench".



We left the Factory and went to eat at PF Changs. This is one of the few Chinese restaurants Trish will eat at but I had never tried it. Sorry, but I was not impressed. I like the buffets where you can choose a variety. Their rice was too dry and hard as well. I'll have to go back to Ming Court in Dickson, I really liked it. We made a quick stop at Wal-Mart in Franklin and then went home to rest a few hours. About 6:00pm we headed to Henry Horton State Park and had a picnic supper by the Duck river and then played frisbee golf. Jedidiah loved playing frisbee and we had a hard time getting him to leave even though it was getting dark. Of course being the wonderful, well disciplined parents we are that have raised the perfectly behaved child we bribed him with ice cream and cookies to get him in the car and stop crying:) Hope your weekend was as eventful as ours. Today was start of week 5 of summer school, almost half way done already.

No comments:

Post a Comment