Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where Does Meat Come From?


Well, I wanted to blog before my three day weekend. As you have seen, we had revival this week. It ended last night and I enjoyed it. Tuesday night one of the Statler bothers was there to sing and last night Craig Morgan who is a pretty big country star sang. These are the benefits of moving close to Nashville.
I'm gonna be transparent and tell you that Jedidiah loves Spongebob. I know many Christian families would frown upon this. Anyhow, if you know the show you know that the restaurant called the Krusty Krab serves a sandwich called a Crabby Patty. Jedidiah calls it a burger. I tried to tell him that burgers come from cows and crabby patties come from crabs and chicken patties come from chickens. He got a shocked look on his face like this was the most appalling news he could have ever heard. He decided not to believe me and told me "Daddie, meat doesn't come from cows, it comes from McDonalds". Probably my new best friend is Dan Richard here in Dickson. His Dad and he own three McDonald's restaurants in the area. I told him this story and he loved it. He thinks Jedidiah is a pretty smart kid. The last time we saw him at the store in White Bluff he gave Jedidiah a package of McD's cookies. So, of course now Dan is a big hit with Jedidiah as well. Jedidiah runs up to him to say hi at church now. Have a great weekend, spring break is coming soon.
Got Spurgeon?: "I am a debtor to God's grace and forgiving mercy, but I am no debtor to His justice, for He will never accuse me of a debt already paid. Christ said, 'It is finished!' and by that He meant, that whatever His people owed was wiped away for ever from the book of remembrance...Consider how much you owe to His forgiving grace, that after ten thousand affronts He loves you as infinitely as ever."

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if Jedidiah was as shocked about the meat as he was when I told him he used to be in my belly. His eyes got big as saucers and he said, "You aren't going to eat me, are you?" I will never forget that. So, funny for me, but so serious for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm sure glade to now know whats in that bun when I get to MickyD's! Thanks Jedi.

    ReplyDelete