Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Settling Down

Boy! Did last week seem hectic. I had tests to get ready and lessons to post on my school website. Then the church had a camp out that I took Jedidiah to Friday night. It was cold but he loves camping. They had a campfire devotion and then we made smores. Saturday was Jedidiah's first soccer game. He doesn't have a very long attention span. After the game Jedidiah had to go to Alabama for a birthday party. I was going to go but felt I needed to do some work around the house so Trish and Jedi went without me. I did nine loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom and still managed to watch some March Madness. The laundry room has a TV so that helps. Monday we looked at a two bedroom duplex for rent. I had my hopes up and they were dashed because the place was in pretty bad shape. So, we're still looking for that little bigger place to rent. One frustrating thing is that most places say no pets but they also say housing welcome. Are these people too stupid to realize that a family that needs housing assistance is going to trash their place a lot more than a good family with pets? I better stop there before the expletives start flying. Monday was a busy day at school too. But things are settling down now. Yesterday was pretty easy and today is not to bad. I look forward to my Wednesday night class at church tonight. Well, I better get to work on some other things. Have a great day.


Got Spurgeon?: "To whom belongest thou? Answer honestly before you give sleep to your eyes. If you are not Christ's you are in a hard service --Run away from your cruel master! Enter into the service of the Lord of Love, and you shall enjoy a life of blessedness. If you are Christ's let me advise you to do four things. You belong to Jesus --obey him; let his word be your law; let His wish be your will. You belong to the Beloved, then love Him; let your heart embrace Him; let your whole soul be filled with Him. You belong to the Son of God, then trust him; rest nowhere but on him. You belong to the King of kings , then be decided for Him. Thus, without your being branded upon the brow, all will know to whom you belong."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, pets would have made that place look better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy. Hope you find a house soon. Biessings!

    ReplyDelete