Friday, March 13, 2009

Fort Smith


Well, I made a little trip to Fort Smith with Jedidiah. It was great to see friends and go to Grand Avenue Baptist Church for a visit. Jedidiah played so hard he begged me to put him to bed and that's unheard of. He did obviously miss his computer though and that's all he's played with since we got back. The picture here is of the gallows in Fort Smith. Judge Parker was known as the hanging judge and Fort Smith was a base for Marshalls that went into the Oklahoma badlands looking for criminals and brought them back to justice. Things haven't changed much, Oklahoma is still the badlands, especially if you're a sooner fan. And if you root for Oklahoma State you really waste a lot of time and energy. I got back on Tuesday and taught my class at church on Wednesday night. During the night I woke up with horrible chills and eventually fever and just layed around all day Thursday. I feel much better today. Tomorrow I am going to a Sunday School training conference in Gallatin, TN. I look forward to getting to know some of our church leaders better. Spring break is almost over so I better get back to work. Take care everyone.

Got Spurgeon?: "Certain it is, that there is not a spot where that hallowed foot hath trodden -- there is not a word which those blessed lips have uttered -- nor a thought which His loving Word has revealed -- which is not to us precious beyond all price."

No comments:

Post a Comment